- An Intel-based Mac
- A Microsoft Windows disk image (ISO) containing a 64-bit version of Windows 10 – Instructions Here
- An Apple keyboard, mouse or trackpad, or a USB keyboard and mouse
- A 16 GB or larger USB flash drive that you can erase
- At least 30 GB of free disk space on your startup drive
Open Boot Camp Assistant
Navigate to the Utilities folder in the Applications folder and open Boot Camp Assistant. Follow the onscreen instructions to install Windows on your Mac.
- ISU Students on Personal Machines Only
Download the installer
Navigate to http://cytools.iastate.edu/dreamspark and logon with your ISU Net-ID and password. Click the icon labeled Windows 10 to proceed.
Click the Add To Cart button next to Windows 10 Education 32/64-bit (English) – Dreamspark. Make sure you are not getting any other version including Debug versions.
Click the Check Out button to proceed.
Click the I Accept button to proceed.
Confirm your First Name, Last Name, and Email address are in the text fields then click the Proceed With Order button to proceed.
Make note of the Product Key then click the Start Download button to proceed.
Click the Download button next to the appropriate version for your computer to download the ISO file.